Covina-South Hills Kiwanis Club
Covina-South HillsKiwanis Club

Want to become a member or learn more about our club?

You can contact our Club President at 

president@covinashkiwanis.org

Click on the above link to send an email or:

Please fill out the contact form on our "Contact us" page, above.

Club History

COVINA-SOUTH HILLS KIWANIS CLUB HISTORY

 

COVINA-SOUTH HILLS KIWANIS WAS CHARTERED ON APRIL 22, 1954.

FROM THE BEGINNING, SOUTH HILLS KIWANIS HAS BEEN KNOWN AS AN ENERGETIC CLUB OF HIGH ACHIEVERS.

 

COVINA-SOUTH HILLS KIWANIS HAS CHARTERED FOUR KIWANIS CLUBS, NAMELY BALDWIN PARK AND LA PUENTE IN 1956, EDGEWOOD (NOW KNOWN AS WEST COVINA ), AND CHARTER OAK IN 1961.

 

COVINA-SOUTH HILLS KIWANIS HAS ALSO SPONSORED FOUR KEY CLUBS IN SOUTH HILLS HIGH SCHOOL, NORTHVIEW HIGH SCHOOL, CHARTER OAK HIGH SCHOOL, AND WEST COVINA HIGH SCHOOL .

 

COVINA-SOUTH HILLS KIWANIS' FAMED VARIETY SHOWS COMMENCED IN 1967, AND INVOLVED MEMBERS, SPOUSES, CHILDREN AND FRIENDS WHO PARTICIPATED IN THIS FUN FILLED FUND RAISER LASTING OVER SEVERAL YEARS, AND MANY PRESENT MEMBERS RETAIN FOND MEMORIES OF THE VARIETY SHOWS.

 

IN 1966-67 AND IN LATER YEARS, SUBSTANTIAL DONATIONS PLUS HUNDREDS OF WORK HOURS WERE GIVEN TOWARDS CONSTRUCTION AND UPKEEP OF THE CIVITAN CENTER FOR HAND­ICAPPED AND MENTALLY RETARDED PERSONS. ADDITIONALLY, TIME AND MONEY WERE GIVEN TO COVINA DEVELOPMENT CENTER , YMCA, AND CAMP AFFLERBAUGH.

HUNDREDS OF PINE TREES WERE PLANTED AT BONELLI PARK WITH THE DONATIONS FROM THE "PENNIES FOR PINES" PROJECT, AND TO THIS DAY, MANY HOURS AND FUNDS ARE GIVEN FOR THE "MEALS ON WHEELS".

 

COVINA-SOUTH HILLS KIWANIS HAS RESPONDED TO THE NEEDS OF THE CITY OF COVINA IN VARIOUS OTHER WAYS SUCH AS PAINTING THE YMCA, PARTICIPATING IN THE CHRISTMAS PARADES AND THE COVINA CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION. PANCAKE BREAKFASTS AND "COW-CHIP" BINGO HELP TO RAISE FUNDS FOR ALL OUR PROJECTS.

Print Print | Sitemap
Copyright © 2015 Covina-South Hills Kiwanis Club. All Rights Reserved